Open to Suggestions, and about my reviews | This Girl's Bookshelf

Open to Suggestions, and about my reviews

I have a very large pile of books waiting to be read, but I'm always open to suggestions of books you'd like me to review. Just leave me a comment or drop me an email, and I will add it to my list. If it's already on my list, I'll bump it up a few places. I give the people what they want!

I hope this blog will serve some use to people. I always like to check what other people think before I read a book, to know whether it's worth my time or not. When I find someone with interests and sensibilities similar to mine, I pay attention to what they think because if that person likes a book, chances are that I will too. So if you're like me, and you'll probably find out whether you are or not after reading a few of my reviews, my book reviews will be useful.

Each review post will contain a few common elements:

  • A nutshell summary, a word or a sentence that will explain the bare bones of the story. If you're skimming, skim here first.
  • A basic rundown of the plot and characters.
  • My thoughts on the book, naturally. It's a review, so I'm telling you what I think of it, the good points and the bad.
  • The length: I don't mean just numbers of pages, I mean whether it's a quick weekend read or a month-long drudge. Does it move at a quick pace? Is it a real page-turner? Or is it one of those things that you'll return to every few weeks when you have nothing else to do?
  • And finally, a grade, out of 100.


Some of my interests include linguistics, science, travel, and history. I like literary novels and classics but don't shy away from genre fiction either. I love comics but not superheroes. I'm a stereotypical nerd except that I'm a girl, and I don't really play video games. And I'm terrible at math. And I knit. Well, maybe I'm not that stereotypical. But I'm me, anyway. Enjoy my blog.

~Joy

0 comments: